RetroChallenge Complete (04/29/2018) - Final UpdateApr 302018
I've done it! I completed my website for old computers, NoCSS!
Before I get into the details of the site, I will finish the last update, the Mail system. The mail system is pretty simple, and includes what you would expect in a very minimal webmail. You can only message users registered on the site (didn't want to research/create an actual e-mail compatible system). You can read your inbox and sent messages, compose a new message, reply to a message (including the feature of embedding the msg you are replying to), and read messages. That's really about it... Not much more I could implement that would function on vintage hardware.
Link (READ DISCLAIMER AT THE BOTTOM): http://www.nocss.ml/
If you are on a mac and want to get on the internet: https://68kmla.org/forums/index.php?/topic/54013-connecting-old-macintosh-to-the-net-using-serial/
Screenshots on my laptop for now, but I will create a big post with screenshots of all the functions on my Macintosh after this post.
Here is the feature list for the site:
- Rooms capabilities. Only MAIN room for now, but you can request to have some added if you want.
- Includes timestamps
- Create posts
- Per-forum new post permissions
- Reply to posts
- Open source
- Reg/login separate from the main site (but if you use the same login, it automatically logs in when you visit)
- Send message
- read sent messages
- reply to messages (including the old message being appended to the reply)
- Web proxy
- Supports https
- Removes all modern technologies to make it load correctly on new sites
- All links are proxied
- Google search
- All links are proxied to the site's web proxy
A disclaimer: account login is stored IN THE URL and sent to the server via a GET request. This is VERY insecure and you should not use the same login password you use for other sites!